|Perfect Number of Pages to Order||5-10 Pages|
Problem with Communication in Your Workplace or Your Community
problem with communication in your workplace or your community.
Please think of an example of a problem with communication in your workplace or your community. Then answer the following five questions with regard to that problem. Post your answers to this discussion topic.
What is the specific problem with communication?
Does the problem represent an example of one of the barriers that the articles that Dr. Rani and Lumen Learning identify? If so, which one(s)?
What are some possible communication strategies in notifying someone about the problem?
What is the best course of action for you to take in solving the problem?
What is the best way for you to communicate this problem to the relevant individuals?
An example of how to respond to this discussion topic is the following:
1. What is the specific problem with communication?
I am on a committee at work. There are five members of the committee. However, three of the members telework two days a week, and, as a result, we can never meet face-to-face. Our meetings are not very productive because some of us are in the room during the meeting while some of us are on the phone during the meeting.
2. Does the problem represent an example of one of the barriers that the articles by Dr. Rani and Lumen Learning identify? If so, which one(s)?
Yes. This is an example of a channel barrier. The medium chosen for our type of communication — online meeting software — is not suitable or appropriate for our context.
3. What are some possible communication strategies in notifying someone about the problem?
I could email my supervisor, who formed the committee.
4. What is the best course of action for you to take in solving the problem?
Our committee was formed for a specific duration of time. We have two months remaining for our committee.
I think we should arrange for everyone to be in the office on the same day each week for this two months. We could hold our committee meetings on that day of the week. This arrangement would solve the problem in that we would all be physically in the room for the meeting.
5. What is the best way for you to communicate this problem to the relevant individuals?
A series of messages would be preferred in this case. They would be the following:
I could send an email message to my supervisor. In that email message, I would note the following:
how many times we have met
what types of communication problems have occurred during our meetings that have caused the meetings to be less than productive
I could then outline a plan for having everyone in the office one day during the week so that we could hold our meetings on that day.
This discussion topic is designed to give you the opportunity to peruse the assignment instructions for all the research related writing assignments in WRTG 394.
This task will allow you to begin thinking about and planning for your WRTG 394 research writing assignments, the Synthesis Literature Review, the Research Proposal Memo, and the Research-Based Report.
NOTE: This is a discussion topic designed to help you begin thinking about the three research-related writing assignments in WRTG 394. Completing this discussion topic does not complete any of the assignments discussed in this topic. This simply helps you become familiar with your assignments so that you can plan for the rest of your WRTG 394 course.
In the Content area of the 394 classroom under the heading Sample Papers, open each of the following sets of writing assignment instructions:
sample synthesis literature review (WA #2)
sample research proposal memo (WA #3)
sample research-based report (WA#4)
Note that the student used the same topic for all three of these assignments. You are expected to use the same topic for all three of these writing assignments in your WRTG 394 course.
Please use these sample papers to help you answer the following questions:
1. Examine the Synthesis Lit Review (WA#2) instructions. This assignment calls for the student writer to use scholarly (academic) and professional (trade) sources. Explain what you understand a scholarly source and a professional/trade source to be. You should consider offering an example of each type of source.
2. Examine the Research Proposal Memo (WA#3) instructions. What permission must you request? To whom should your memo be addressed? What information about your research must you provide?
3. Take a look at the Research Report (WA#4) instructions. What additional research demands are placed upon the writer for this assignment compared to WA #2? How can you as writer best present your report so that it is most readily accessible for your primary audience?
4. Writing on the same topic for WA#2 and WA#4 make the writing of the research report an easier task than it would have been if different topics had been chosen. Comment on how the writing on the same topic for both these assignments can help you as you write your research report.
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.