Legal Liability And The Gig Economy
Order Number Y47874HDUEW Type of Project Essay/Research Paper Writer Level PHD/MASTERS Writing Style APA/Harvard/MLA/CHICAGO Citations 5 Page Count 3-15
Legal Liability And The Gig Economy
I have a 3-4 page paper
Legal liability and the gig economy
Please note: Your answers for all work must be based on the law, not on your feeling, biases, sympathy and your personal experience.
Assignment Guide and Expectations
Assignment 3 – Legal Liability and the Gig Economy (190 points) due end of Week 7
Recommend 3-4 pages
This is not a research paper on what has been happening with Uber. Remember to answer the specific questions of the assignment.
Cover page (Interoffice Memo Style)
TO: Professor Lori Baggot
FROM: Your Name Here
DATE: The date here
1. Summarize the main principles of agency law as they relate to Uber’s relationship with its drivers. (30%)
Foundation from reading Chapter 16 – Jennings, Marianne. (2018). Business: Its Legal, Ethical, and Global Environment (11th ed.). Mason, OH: Cengage Learning.
· Examine the Principal-Agent relationship in Chapter 16.
· Discuss the duties and responsibilities of a Principal and an Agent.
· Are Uber drivers Agents? If yes, why. If no, why not?
· Review the law regarding Uber drivers as employees and as independent contractors
2. Analyze the circumstances under which Uber might be liable for the conduct of a driver who, while intoxicated, caused an accident involving personal property damage and bodily injury.
· Explain the law and liability of a Principal for an Agent’s tort.
· Clearly state whether Uber should be held liable for the drunk driver. If yes, why? If no, why not?
· Use the textbook to establish the type of relationship between Uber and its drivers, and to support the conclusion of liability.
· Explain the civil remedies the injured passenger could seek in court.
3. Identify the steps Uber should take to limit its legal exposure for the conduct of its drivers.
· This is your recommendation section.
· What type of legal exposure is being limited?
· Identify legal step Uber can take to limit its legal expose.
· Think about the Principal-Agent relationship, the Employer-Employee relationship and the Independent Contactor relationship. Which relationship would limit Uber’s exposure and why?
· Apply cases from your textbook to support your recommendation.
Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment and follow Strayer Writing Standards for citing sources.
(5%) Quality resources are course textbook, published books, academic journal articles, case law and expert reports. Be sure to include a Source Page and follow SWS. Wikipedia is not a valid source for this paper.
Reference page examples per SWS
1. Michael Harvey. 2013. The Nuts & Bolts of College Writing. p. 1. http://libdatab.strayer.edu/login?url=http://search. ebscohost.com/login.aspx
2. William R. Stanek. 2010. Storyboarding Techniques chapter in Effective Writing for Business, College and Life. http:// libdatab.strayer.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nlebk&AN=359141&site=e ds-live&scope=site&ebv=EB&ppid=pp_23 3.
3. Zyad Hicham. 2017. Vocabulary Growth in College-Level Students’ Narrative Writing. http://libdatab.strayer.edu/ login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edsdoj&AN=edsdoj.9b7fad40e529462bafe3a936 aaf81420&site=eds-live&scope=site
Please review how to cite your references per Strayer Writing Standards link in Blackboard. The following citation will not be accepted: citing a website only as: https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/18229714/cognizant-facebook-content-moderator-interviews-trauma-working-conditions-arizona
Clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting requirements
Suggestion on Dos and Don’ts
· Start your Assignment early (Do not wait to start 48 hours before the Assignment is due).
· Remember to discuss and elaborate in your paper.
· Discuss each question equally – for example do not write 2 pages for question 1, and 2 sentences for question 3.
· Your discussion should be based on your research of the law and facts.
· Ensure you submitted the correct paper.
· Use the help provided to you such as Grammarly and the online tutor.
· DO NOT WRITE THE QUESTIONS OF THE ASSIGNMENT IN THIS PAPER.
· Do not write an announcement in your paper, for example, “In this paper I will discuss the law on agency.” This may increase your SafeAssign score.
· Do not write about your personal experiences in your paper.
· Do not use irrelevant diagrams, charts or pictures in your paper.
· This is not a research paper on UBER the company. (Assignment is testing you on your knowledge of Agency Law and Scope of employment and liability for negligence versus intentional torts of employees.
Page 2 of 3
Excellent The essay demonstrates exemplary comprehension of the relevant content by thoroughly as well as correctly discussing the relevant information; identifying as well as explaining all of the 3 fundamental aspects; using correct terminology; describing the reasoning next to key points/claims; as well as substantiating points with several accurate as well as illuminating examples, as necessary or useful. There are no gaps in the necessary answer. Good Scholarly sources that are credible are employed to successfully support statements that are, as the most part, clear as well as fairly expressed. With just a few minor inaccuracies, APA 6th Edition is utilized. There are a few small typos in the references and/or citations. There is some reliance on dubious sources. Satisfactory Because of certain improper terminology and/or confusing wording, the work is frequently confused and difficult to understand; thoughts may be disjointed, meandering, and/or repetitious. a lack of structure; and/or grammatical, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. Poor The essay demonstrates a lack of understanding of the related documents by failing to address or improperly addressing the relevant; failing to identify or incorrectly trying to explain key concepts/ideas; ignoring as well as incorrectly attempting to explain key points/claims as well as the rationale behind them; and/or inaccurately or improperly using terminology. No Response Essay displays great writing abilities, such as a clear as well as thought-provoking thesis, suitable and effective organization, vibrant and persuasive supporting materials, good diction as well as sentence skills, and faultless or almost perfect mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. The essay flawlessly achieves the assignment’s objectives. Quality of Response Because of its intelligent growth and mature manner, this study merits attention. It provides a compelling analysis of or reaction to the text, expanding on that response using well-chosen examples and arguments. The sixth paper demonstrates that its author can typically use appropriate words, employ advanced phrases successfully, and adhere to written English rules. Delivery Timeline 3 hours – 24 hours Backlinks www.crucialessay.com/orders/ordernow/www.contentexpertagencies.com/orders/ordernow
Legal Liability And The Gig Economy
Juvenile Justice System Interview Mini Paper
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.