General Oceanography Essay
Order Number Y47874HDUEW Type of Project Essay/Research Paper Writer Level PHD/MASTERS Writing Style APA/Harvard/MLA/CHICAGO Citations 5 Page Count 3-15
General Oceanography Essay
Each essay answer should be 150-250 words long, roughly 10 to 15 sentences. Begin your answers at first principles, be as thorough and comprehensive, as time allows, and do not assume that the grader knows anything about the subject matter.
- Describe chemical composition of seawater and the sources of the chemical constituents that compose this liquid.
- Describe the variation in sea surface water temperature, from the equator to the polar regions, both north and south, and explain the cause of this variation.
- What is meant by the term, sea surface salinity, and describe the variation in sea surface salinity, from the equator to the polar regions, both north and south, and explain the factors that contribute to this variation.
- How is oceanic salinity measured and calculated?
- Describe the variation in ocean temperature, from the sea surface to the deep water (assuming a water depth of 5000 meters), and explain the factors that contribute to this variation.
- How is ocean temperature measured?
- What is meant by the term, seawater density, and describe the variation in seawater density, from the sea surface to the deep water (assuming a water depth of 5000 meters), and explain the factors that contribute to this variation.
- Describe the physical and chemical conditions in roughly 75% of the world ocean, and the processes that influence these conditions.
- What is meant by the term, dissolved oxygen in seawater, and describe the variation in dissolved oxygen in seawater, from the sea surface to the deep water (assuming a water depth of 5000 meters), and explain the factors that contribute to this variation.
10.What is meant by the term, bio limiting nutrients, and describe the variation in bio limiting nutrients in seawater, from the sea surface to the deep water (assuming a water depth of 5000 meters), and explain the factors that contribute to this variation.
11.What is meant by the term, bio limiting nutrients, and describe the variation in bio limiting nutrients in the surface water, from the equator to the polar regions, both north and south, and from the middle of the ocean to the coastline? Explain the factors that contribute to this variation.
12.What is meant by the term, marine primary productivity, and describe the variation in primary productivity in the surface water, from the equator to the polar regions, both north and south, and from the middle of the ocean to the coastline? Explain the factors that contribute to this variation.
- What is meant by the term, trophic pyramid, and describe how this relates to a marine food web?
- What is meant by the term, biological pump, and describe how this term relates to the transport and storage on carbon, and nutrients, in the ocean environment?
- Describe the conditions that an organism experiences in the mid- water (twilight) environment and give an example of how these conditions might influence the metabolism, features or lifestyle of an organism in this environment.
- Describe 5 examples of how scientists study the waters below the surface (mixed) layer and the organisms contained therein.
- Describe how scientists locate hydrothermal vents on the seafloor.
- Describe the complete cycle of hydrothermal circulation that results chimney features at seafloor vents.
- Describe how hydrothermal circulation influences ocean salinity?
20.Describe the fluids that are expelled from a hydrothermal vent, and how these fluids support a marine ecosystem.
21.Describe how life-sustaining energy is obtained and converted into organic matter, and how this conversion forms of the basis for the hydrothermal vent ecosystem.
- Describe the environmental conditions that organisms experience at a hydrothermal vent.
- What is a harmful algal bloom (HAB), how might human activities contribute to the formation of HABs, and how might such a bloom influence a marine food web all the way up to marine mammals.
- What is a “dead zone” and describe how this feature commonly forms in some coastal regions?
- What is meant by the term, ocean acidification, explain how it is formed, and the potential impact on some organisms that make their shells out of calcium carbonate?
26.What is meant by the term, iron fertilization, explain what it was designed to potentially counteract and how, and what are some of the concerns about its long-term implementation?
27.Describe the Sofa experiment, including some of the previous research that laid the groundwork for the project, the question that was addressed, the nature of the methodologies used in the experiment to test the iron hypothesis, and the results of the experiment.
General Oceanography Essay
Excellent The essay demonstrates exemplary comprehension of the relevant content by thoroughly as well as correctly discussing the relevant information; identifying as well as explaining all of the 3 fundamental aspects; using correct terminology; describing the reasoning next to key points/claims; as well as substantiating points with several accurate as well as illuminating examples, as necessary or useful. There are no gaps in the necessary answer. Good Scholarly sources that are credible are employed to successfully support statements that are, as the most part, clear as well as fairly expressed. With just a few minor inaccuracies, APA 6th Edition is utilized. There are a few small typos in the references and/or citations. There is some reliance on dubious sources. Satisfactory Because of certain improper terminology and/or confusing wording, the work is frequently confused and difficult to understand; thoughts may be disjointed, meandering, and/or repetitious. a lack of structure; and/or grammatical, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. Poor The essay demonstrates a lack of understanding of the related documents by failing to address or improperly addressing the relevant; failing to identify or incorrectly trying to explain key concepts/ideas; ignoring as well as incorrectly attempting to explain key points/claims as well as the rationale behind them; and/or inaccurately or improperly using terminology. No Response Essay displays great writing abilities, such as a clear as well as thought-provoking thesis, suitable and effective organization, vibrant and persuasive supporting materials, good diction as well as sentence skills, and faultless or almost perfect mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. The essay flawlessly achieves the assignment’s objectives. Quality of Response Because of its intelligent growth and mature manner, this study merits attention. It provides a compelling analysis of or reaction to the text, expanding on that response using well-chosen examples and arguments. The sixth paper demonstrates that its author can typically use appropriate words, employ advanced phrases successfully, and adhere to written English rules. Delivery Timeline 3 hours – 24 hours Backlinks www.crucialessay.com/orders/ordernow/www.contentexpertagencies.com/orders/ordernow
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.