Assessments of Fall Risk and Cognition
Order ID 53003233773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Assessments of Fall Risk and Cognition
Mrs. L is a widowed 89-year-old woman who lives alone in her home. She is a driver and an avid quilter. Her daughter lives less than two miles away and communicates with Mrs. L. on a daily basis, either via phone or in person.
Mrs. L has been admitted to your hospital with an R/O pneumonia diagnosis.
The following are some of her previous medical issues:
Bilateral hip replacements are a type of hip replacement that replaces both hips at the same
Detached retina is a condition in which the retina is detached from the rest of the body (right eye)
Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis that affects the joints.
Depression is a mental illness that affects many people.
Orthostatic hypotension is a type of orthostatic hypotension that occurs when a person
Falls at home
Urinary frequency is a measure of how often you have to go to the bathroom.
Insomnia is a condition in which a person is unable to sleep (sleeps about 3 hours per night)
Mrs. L doesn’t take any medications, not even aspirin.
Mrs. L uses her call button to request assistance to the restroom on a regular basis. Mrs. L was caught crawling out of her bed with the side rails up on the floor when her nurse arrived. She was examined and confirmed to be injury-free. Her garment was drenched in urine. I yelled for help to the restroom and no one came, Mrs. L said when asked to detail what transpired. So instead of wetting the bed, I crawled over the side rails. When I was trying to get to the bathroom, I stumbled on the floor.
1. What are Mrs. L’s known risk factors for falling (while in the hospital)?
Various medical issues
2. Determine Mrs. L’s fall risk score using the Hendrich II Fall Risk Model (https://consultgeri.org/try-this/general-assessment/issue-8.pdf).
3. Mrs. L claims she suffers from insomnia. Measure Mrs. L’s sleep quality and patterns using the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (https://www.opapc.com/uploads/documents/PSQI.pdf). Could Mrs. L’s sleeping habits play a role in her risk of falling? What activities will you take as a result of your research?
4. Mrs. L is asked to fill out the Mini-“Clock Cog’s Drawing” section (http://mini-cog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Universal-Mini-Cog-Form-011916.pdf). She depicts a clock that reads 3 p.m. The numerals 3, 4, and 5 are missing from her design. One of the clock hands is pointing at 9 o’clock, while the other is pointing at 12 o’clock. Mrs. L remembers two words for the “Three Word Recall” section. How did she do on the Mini-Cog?
5. After determining Mrs. L’s fall risk and cognitive condition, set one safety target for each of the following:
Environmental and equipment considerations
Mobility and gait
Medications that are new
Anxiety, despair, and risky behavior are all symptoms of anxiety.
Jones & Bartlett Learning, LLC, an Ascend Learning Company, owns the copyright to 2020.
Tired of getting an average grade in all your school assignments, projects, essays, and homework? Try us today for all your academic schoolwork needs. We are among the most trusted and recognized professional writing services in the market.
We provide unique, original and plagiarism-free high quality academic, homework, assignments and essay submissions for all our clients. At our company, we capitalize on producing A+ Grades for all our clients and also ensure that you have smooth academic progress in all your school term and semesters.
High-quality academic submissions, A 100% plagiarism-free submission, Meet even the most urgent deadlines, Provide our services to you at the most competitive rates in the market, Give you free revisions until you meet your desired grades and Provide you with 24/7 customer support service via calls or live chats.